Thursday, May 9, 2013

A few makeup tips for summer

Summer is only weeks away, and with blazing heat it is completely necessary to take care of your skin.
Tinted moisturizers, foundations, powders and lip balms should have SPF in them.

An fyi, when using makeup with, SPF it can wash you out in pictures. So, on important picture days like weddings, make sure you wear HD powders on top of the SPF. A cheap HD powder is ELF for $6. But there are some excellect ones at Sephora if you have a little more funds available. :) 

First, it is important to moisturize your face nightly or before foundation. The summer time can dry your skin out, not as badly as winter time, but if not taking the proper percautions to protect your skin from the sun, it can dry out. I am currently using Ponds facial moisturizer. $5  Use it on your face and neck.

Natural looks during summer are always best. Thats when you csn use your natural summer glow. So, I use tined moisturizer SPF 20 by ELF. $3 As my powder I use my Hello Flawless by benefit,( I talked about this in a previous blog). It has SPF 15 in it $34 . 

Very imporant is lip care. Your lips are your treasure. Before applying lipsticks I use EOS lemon drop with spf 15. $3.49 (Eos.com)
I also sometimes use my fresh sugar rose with spf 15 $22.50


Next, use Red lips to your advantage. Red lipstick is summers favorate color. Wearing white clothing really makes the red pop. I use Sephora rouge in Royal Wedding $12.  Its sleek and smooth. You can try Wet n Wilds red lipstick for $1.99 at walmart. Its not a rouge. But still very vibrant.

Take care of your hair! I use Wen antifrizz, Wen cleansing conditioner. Wen works so good. I saw improvement on my hair almost automatically. Wen can cost about $32 a bottle. But worth it. I like to use Living Proof in my damp hair to help with styling. It smells so good. Jennifer Aniston is an angel for cofinding this hair product. Its $20. Organix sea salt spray(gives that beachy look) $5. Moisturize with healthy amounts of leavein conditioner. i use Suaves Keratin leave in conditioner. Costs $3

You can use some bronzers if you like. As a natural pale, I do. I use different bronzers at Sephora ($15-$20) i have tried Wet n Wilds bronzer too and it works just as good too. Its also cheaper $5 :) Elf has bronzers too from $1 -$3. I havent tried them yet but if your out at walmart or target i would go ahead a pick one up. Its cheap and worth giving a try.
Any questions dont be afraid to ask

I also like to have a face sunscreen stick in my bag and a to go sunscreen bottle. Important to protect from sun rays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment